If you don’t like tacos, we cant be friends. No excuses.
I like to use corn tortillas because they are cheaper and lower in calories. It’ll also give your gluten-free Tinder date one less thing to whine about.
Instead of sour cream, I use greek yogurt–not because I’m on of those greek yogurt eating people who thinks they’re superior to others who eat regular yogurt–but because Paul and I are dangerous, ravenous animals if there is a tub of sour cream in the house.
“It’s all fun and games til your pants no longer fit.” -Abraham Lincoln.
Crockpot Chicken Tacos
What You’ll Need:
- 1.5- 2lbs of boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 12-16 oz jar of whatever salsa you like
- 14.5 oz can of diced tomatoes and chilies (like Rotel)
- 1/3 cup of taco seasoning, like my taco potion
- corn tortillas, or flour tortillas
- red onion, diced
- cilantro, diced
- plain greek yogurt or sour cream
Let’s Get Cooking:
- Put the chicken breasts in the crockpot.
- On top of the chicken breasts, dump salsa, canned tomatoes, and taco potion on top.
- Place the lid on the crockpot and let it do it’s thing on high for 4ish hours or on low for 6-8 hours.
- Using a fork, shred the chicken meat.
- Stir it all up so that the salsa and tomatoes have a chance to mingle a little more.
- Serve it up and smash it.
If you want to check out my “professional” writing, check out bethcaseywrites.com