Here’s What You’ll Need:
For the chicken:
- 1 3-lb or so whole chicken
- 2 tbs of butter (at room temperature)
- Morton’s Nature’s Seasoning or seasoning blend of your choice
- 1 lemon
For the vegetables:
- 1 red pepper
- 2 idaho potatoes
- 2 sweet potatoes
- 1 carrot
- 1 stalk of celery
- 1 zucchini
Now Let’s Get Cooking:
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
2. Clean the defrosted chicken and make sure there are no bandit feathers or unwelcome things still attached to your bird. Pull those giblets out of the bird as well.
3. Pull the skin up from the back of the chicken, from the thighs to the shoulders, but don’t remove it. Do this on the belly too.
4. Spread the butter under the skin on both sides and on the outside as well. Grease that thing up. Squeeze lemon around and inside the chicken. Apply seasoning to the inside and outside of the skin to your liking. Chicken- ready to rock, but let’s make the veggies next.
5. Slice and dice up all the veggies. Toss all veggies in a bowl with a tablespoon of olive oil and sprinkle with a little Nature’s Seasoning.
6. Let’s get roasting; the oven should be preheated by now. Pop the chicken in the middle of the pan and place the veggies around it.
7. Get that colorful foodgasm in the oven and go paint your nails or watch Breaking Bad for an hour.
8.Pull it out of the oven and let it cool. If you don’t and try to bury your face in it now, you’ll burn your tongue off. DON’T BE A FOOL, LET IT COOL.