Happy National Homemade Soup Day!
I know that for some, the idea of homemade soup may seem like a day-long and daunting task, but not with this simple 5 ingredient recipe. It comes together in about 20 minutes or less and is a total crowd-pleaser. When I offered my aunt a cup, I am pretty sure she had a soupgasm and it made me a little uncomfortable. She took my recipe, made her own little tweaks and served it to her family. From her grade school child, to her picky teen and her husband, everyone loved it.
It’s a nice hearty soup that works perfectly on cold, snowy winter nights.
What You’ll Need:
- 4.5 ounce hot Italian turkey sausage link, more if you prefer.
- 2 cups of water
- 1 package (16 oz) of vacuum sealed gnocchi (I prefer the mini gnocchi, I think they fit on the soup spoon better)
- 14.5 oz can of Italian stewed tomatoes
- Parmesan cheese
Let’s Get Cooking:
- Remove casings from sausage. Cook sausage in a large pot over medium-high heat until sausage is browned, stirring to crumble.
- Add 2 cups water and next 3 ingredients to pan; bring to a boil. Reduce heat, and simmer 4 to 5 minutes or until gnocchi float to the top of pan. Ladle soup into bowls; sprinkle each serving evenly with cheese.