Every weekend, all I want is brunch, especially on Sundays.
We went apple picking a couple weekends ago and I’m still trying to figure out what to do with all these apples. I eat about two a day at work as a snack with peanut butter.
And let’s face it, brunch is essentially just late breakfast unless you’re drinking.
I would just make apple pie with it all, but I’m trying to keep it on the skinnier side since I can’t skate and don’t want to further my fuppa.
I like to take the egg and cook it in the middle of the sausage patty. I also do this sometimes with burgers at home.
The hash is good on it’s own, but I prefer it with a sausage breakfast burger on top.
The burger isn’t hard to make at all.
Simply take the sausage and make a burger patty form with it.
Using the rim of a glass, cut the center out of the sausage burger patty. Add the sausage hole back to the original grounds to make more breakfast burgers.
Crack an egg into the hole that you made with the top of the glass.
Here’s the rest of the instructions…
What You’ll Need:
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 sweet potatoes, chopped
- 2 apples, chopped and cored
- 1/2 onion, chopped
- 1 tbsp thyme
- 3/4 tsp paprika
- 1 lb of ground breakfast sausage
- 4 eggs
Let’s Get Cooking:
Sweet Potato and Apple Hash
- Heat the olive oil in a large pan to medium low heat
- Add the sweet potato, thyme, and paprika and cover
- Stir occasionally to prevent burning.
- Once the sweet potato is almost fork tender, add the apple and the onion.
- When the apple and the sweet potato are both soft, remove from heat.
- Add salt and pepper to taste and set aside, covered with a lid to keep it warm.
Sausage Breakfast Burger
- Form the ground breakfast sausage into the shape of a burger
- Using the rim of a glass, push it into the burger patty form and remove the middle of the burger. This will make room for the egg
- Cook the breakfast burger over medium heat
- After about 30 seconds of being in the pan, crack an egg and add it to the middle hole f the burger
- Flip in 3-4 minutes and cook on the other side
- Plate the breakfast hash and serve the cooked sausage breakfast burger on top. Enjoy