Cheap. Fun. Easy. That’s how I describe this drink. (It’s also how I am described if I have too many of these.)
I like to sip this in the summer, or bring it to a friend’s place when they are having company. It always goes pretty fast.
The syrup lasts at least 6 months if put in a jar and kept in the fridge, so feel free to make a little extra to have on hand, since rosemary isn’t always in season.
Rosemary Lemon Drop Wine
What You’ll Need:
- 2 cups water
- 2 cups sugar
- 8 lemons, peeled (save peels)
- 8 rosemary sprigs
- 3 bottles of cheap white table wine
Let’s Get Cooking:
- Boil water and sugar together, stirring often.
- Drop lemon peels into the sugar/water mix.
- Add rosemary springs to your sugar/water/lemon mixture.
- When the sugar dissolves, cool and strain the peels, seeds, and sprigs out of the simple syrup. You’ve now made a lemon rosemary simple syrup.
- Fill a 6 quart beverage dispenser with 3 bottles of wine
- Squeeze the 8 lemons in there and add about half of the syrup to the wine. (More to taste, if you care)/
- Serve over ice. If you want to get fancy, put some extra sprigs and lemon slices in the pitcher.